What are our Principles?
In short, government is created for the people, by the people. Rights are granted TO the government from the people, not to the people from government. All rights granted to man come from God, and all rights granted to the government come from Man. The Constitution of the United States is one of the most brilliant documents ever drafted in the history of man, and is the single guarantee of freedom left to us by our forefathers.
Specifcally, the RPA has adopted the 5 following principles to lead the Republican Party of Arkansas and its affiliate organizations:
- That individual citizens are willing and capable of managing their own affairs without government intervention.
- That the local, state, and national governments must pursue policies designed to encourage individual initiative and induce people to be responsible for their own economic, political, and social well-being.
- The primary function of government is to protect the life, common liberty and property of the governed, to prevent fraud and misinterpretation, and to invoke a common justice.
- That when a function is undertaken by government, it should be performed by that government closest to the people which will provide as much direct control by those affected as reason and wisdom require to assure freedom and liberty to all citizens with justice under the law.
- That our national stability and expansion of the free enterprise system can be best assured by application of the Constitutional principles that unite the American people.